Swami Vivekananda: All you would want to read and know about the man
January 12, 2013 Leave a comment
Today marks the 151st birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the fiercest monk of India who taught while others preached. He taught India to be fearless, he taught to be truthful and he taught to live life for an ideal. He took India to the world and made Indians take note of western liberalism. He believed in secular education and envisioned an India free of mental slavery. All this in a life span of 39 years!
We bring to you a collection of various must read articles on the web, written on swami Vivekananda. The personality of Vivekananda is so diverse that none can succeed in presenting him in a single book or a story. The more you read about him, the more you would want to know about him. Over to these writings
1. After 150 years the voice of Vivekanada still resounds via Hinduism Today:
2. The government of Gujarat has a piece on the Swami
3. The Hindu wrote an extensive edit page on the Swami. Do not miss Gopalakrishna Gandhi’s Reclaiming Vivekananda article here. Absolute gem.
4. If you are interested to read Kannada, here is a superbly written piece by Chakravarthi Sulibele
5. Swami Vivekananda: A Documentary.
6. Finally, our own post that we had published last year. Swami Vivekanada and the Youth
We hope you like reading and watching all of these. We would love to know about your thoughts on the writings and teachings of Swami Vivekananda. The need of our times is to understand and assimilate his teachings. In words of Gopalakrishna Gandhi- “Our intellectually anaesthetised, politically conditioned and philosophically unadventurous times need his gaze and those eyes to startle us into life again.”
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org